Particulars
Just so y'all know...
We fly to Colorado the afternoon of the 7th, and will be staying there until my birthday on the 16th. (Talk about your birthday presents...) We will first meet them on the 8th, then spend increasing amounts of time with them over the week until they come to spend the last couple of nights with us at the hotel. We'll then come home, and wait as the wheels of bureaucracy turn between Washington and Colorado... at most, six weeks. At that point, we will fly back to Colorado (the social worker offered to fly them to us so we wouldn't have to come back for a second trip - I believe my response was, "the hell you say!"). At that point, they'll be with us for good. The adoption doesn't become final for six months, so, around Valentine's Day 2006, our family listing will read:
The Raineys:
Scott
Katrina
Emily
Nicole
Kayla


5 Comments:
ohmygodscott,
I have been checking your blog, I thought nearly every day, to get the news, and I just got it.
Dude, this is serious cause for celebration; I know you wanted this badly. Wow. And the competition.
It's like getting into freaking Yale.
My oh my. Waiting for pics.
t
"It's like getting into freaking Yale"
hahaha... Yep, THREE TIMES!!!
Scott, we are SO ecstatic for you five! (My favorite number by the way) Like t mentioned, I am waiting for pics. :)
Ohhhhhh, it's going to be both a whirlwind and an eternity until you meet them and get them home. ("home!" what a meaningful word.)
how cool is this... very... I know who to call in about 5 years when our kids are right where yours are at... man I will be praying for you and this major transition... very cool very cool...
Scott, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you two and your girls since I got the news this afternoon. It went something like this:
RIIIING...
(Glancing at cell phone and seeing KMJ's number displayed)
"Hey, K!"
"They got the girls."
(Whooshing sounds and miscellaneous unintelligible syllables)
--
All I can say is that your girls are going to have a pretty amazing Christmas this year, I think.
"Oh look, another package arrived!"
"Who's it from?"
"Have we ever met them?"
"Mama, we have a lot of aunts and uncles, don't we?"
I love a great adoption story (since I have one of my own). I think I would love to adopt a child of our own, someday. You, two, have so much to look forward to. God is beginning a grand work in you for His kingdom. Congratulations!
Heather
Post a Comment
<< Home