News 2.0 (after debriefing in the hot tub)
I wrote the previous post right after getting off the phone with the social worker and the lawyer for the girls. Kat and I just spent an hour out in the hot tub debriefing the whole thing, so I think I'm ready to talk a bit more about this.
Before I begin, though, I have to share something that is kind of weird...take this how you will, okay? For about three years, we've put out a hummingbird feeder in our backyard. For three years, we've had nothing - no hummingbirds whatsoever. Just recently, we've discovered the joy of backyard birding with the arrival of a pair of goldfinches (the Washington state bird - but Katrina had never seen one in her life). We put out finch socks (thin-netted nylon fixtures filled with thistle seeds) and have had them in our backyard on a daily basis. We've also been getting house finches as well, and also a goodly number of sparrows and blackbirds.
But still, no hummingbirds.
I bought a new hummingbird feeder the other day, and took our old one down and moved the two of them to a different position in the yard. After we'd been in the tub for a few minutes, I saw what looked like an enormous housefly buzz through our yard, and flit over to the two feeders.
It was a hummingbird.
He (she?) was only there for a total of maybe ten seconds, but it was wondrous.
As I said before, take this as you will, but we are of the belief that this little guy (gal?) might well have been some sort of messenger - the arrival of something we've waited for for so long heralding the arrival of something we've waited for for so long.
Anyway, on to the girls.
We're of the opinion, based on the conversation that we had, that things are leaning pretty heavily in our favor. When Katrina asked if, since there's another family involved, if it's like a 50/50 chance for us to get the girls, or what, the two of them paused for a long time, and the social worker said, finally, "well, no - they might not want to proceed at all after we talk to them, at which point you will be the family." Which makes us think, well, like I said, that the might just be leaning our way a bit. Could be reading in a bit much, but, hey, this is my blog.
They told us the girls are very smart. Very smart. When/if we go to Colorado, they'll know exactly why we're there, and what we're there for. When they come here, it'll be to stay for good. This glorious day may not come for a number of months, though, but I was sure to tell the social worker and the lawyer that we're more than willing to go whatever distance it takes to get them here.
So, again, please pray! But I'm feeling this just might work out!


1 Comments:
Chills. The hummingbird messenger got me. I am holding my breath.
Post a Comment
<< Home