Three is a magic number, and five is prime
...is the new motto of the Rainey family. Maybe westslope or rom can come up with a groovy Latin translation of it for us so we can put it on our family crest (which would have to include, among other elements, a cross, a Rebel Alliance logo, and a miniature flag of Tennessee, all on a purple background).
I can take full credit for this motto. Of course, "three is a magic number" comes from the magnificent Schoolhouse Rock canon, one of the "Multiplication Rock" songs. Since Kat and I often sing silly songs to each other (part of our love language), Schoolhouse Rock numbers tend to come up quite frequently (especially since we got the DVD). So, one afternoon sitting in the hot tub, she looked at me and, in reference to Em, Nicole and Kayla, sang out,
THREEEE-EEEEE IS A MAAAAGIC NUMMMMBERRRRRRR....
To which I replied, off the top of my head,
AAAAND FIIIIIVE IS PRIIIIIIIIIME!
Didn't really fit the song by any stretch, but I suddenly realized that three plus two equals...five.
And five is prime. A real "magic" number. (And the number for the Mach Five, to boot).
How 'bout that.
So, as I said before, this is the new Rainey family motto. I'm not sure that we ever had one before, unless it was my father's inimitable call to breakfast:
"Scott! Feedbag's on!"
...though I'm thinking that might not sound as cool in Latin.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home