Monday, May 23, 2005

(muted) Hallelujah, but Hallelujah all the same

Well, Katrina called me today at work to say she got home to find a message from the social worker in Colorado who is working to place the three girls I wrote about some time ago. She said she needed to speak with one of us, and to call her back. Of course, Kat called as quickly as she could dial the phone, only to find the social worker away from her desk. She remained away from her desk for much of an agonizing afternoon, until... she called.

Now, during those few hours, I figured the whole thing out, see. I figured that the social worker was calling to tell us that the girls had been placed already, so sorry, thanks for playing, here's this nice set of steak knives to take home as a consolation prize. The more the minutes ticked by, the more I was sure of this. I decided that if the social worker had anything important to say, she would have made a greater effort to contact one of us. We only gave her five numbers to reach us by, for goshsakes.

So, I resigned myself to moving our failed adoption number to fifteen children, when my cell rang. It was Katrina.

She had spoken with the social worker.

The girls have not been placed yet.




It's down to us and one other family.


There are some complications regarding legal matters, the scope of which is unnecessary to go into here, except to say that it's something Katrina expressed to the social worker that we'd most certainly be willing to bear as a burden.

Thank you all for your prayers. We could know something more definitive in about a week, as the attorney representing the children is out of town for the week (of course).

If you would, please continue to hold us (and Emily, Kayla and Nicole) up in prayer.

5 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott, i just happened to find this amazing BLOGfest whilst surfing the workday away on the cyberhighway of distraction.

I pray that your adoptions happen! Actually, i will pray that God's will happens since he knows best and all.

This blog thing is amazing and sureal all at the same time. I don't know the rules yet, so sorry if i am snooping where i do not belong, but it was quite an interesting day at work today catching up on many of the lives that meant so much to me.

i actually teared up reading some of this groups blogs. i think i need to start a blog just so i can have a voice out there too.

 
At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, I am a friend of Sherry's and meandered onto your site the day you expressed recently the pressure this wait has been. You and Kat have been heavy on me the last couple of days.

Our church is very much an adopting church. I know dozens and dozens of people who adopted. What I am learning through story after story is that God uses many means to create His families. I mean that when a couple adopts - that is their child, not a child who became theirs, but was set apart in the mind of God for them.

I admire you and Kat standing in the mystery and sorrow willing to risk again. I am praying that your children (wherever they are) are safe and that they come to you soon and that God protects your hearts so that you are free to lay them on the line again. You are great parents.

I will definitely be praying for Emily, Kayla and Nicole too.

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, fifteen kids already adopted by other people.

Look at the good side -- see how many people are eager to take orphaned and "unwanted" children into their homes and raise them as their own!

This has not always been the case -- remember Oliver Twist, where unwanted children ended up in orphanages or street gangs?

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger KMJ said...

Scott, that's is good news. We will keep praying for you all during these next few days!!!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger FunKiller said...

Keep us posted Scooter. As always, your family is at the top of our prayer list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home