Holy synchronicity, Batman!
Okay, talk about the convergence of several planes all at once...
I got Kat a Creative Zen Micro mp3 player for her birthday. Two days later, there's a great column in Newsweek that a woman wrote regarding how she and her iPod have become inseparable, much like my wife and her Zen.
In the article is a mention of the song 1985 by the band Bowling for Soup. (If you don't know the song, go look up the lyrics - kind of a sad song, but a nifty little nostalgia trip for members of the Breakfast Club generation). I did just that, and read Kat the words. We agreed that "when did Ozzy become an actor?" is far and away the best line.
While reading over this, I got an e-mail from none other than Carl Gaede, whom I believe only romy and Amanda will remember. He Googled himself (keep your snide comments to yourself, Sherry), and, lo and behold, found his name on this post about the Christian music night he and I attended together (with Amanda and Sherry and the rest of the Bethany youth group) at Knott's Berry Farm back in 1985.
All that to bring me around to this anonymous comment I received on my blog today: I have to, somehow, convince Katrina that it's worth traveling down to SoCal for a day in August. For what, you may ask? Check it here: Take Two Productions. The site's a little sparse, but it gets the message across. To wit: on August 19, 2005, Undercover, the Altar Boys, Crumbacher, The Choir and 441 will be playing a 20-year reunion show at Mariners Church in Newport Beach. If any of this blog family would like to make a day of it, e-mail Kat. A lot.
Really.


3 Comments:
dude,
that was my first wedding anniversary.
besides that, I would love to be at this show; I know my school will have already started, and I can't imagine how these guys sound (and look) after all these years, but talk about back to the future.
I'm thinking of ways to maybe do it. Who knows.
t
Andy and I are IN. We are soooo going to be there. Let's make a big ol' party of it! This is the perfect event to bring us all together. Please say you and Kat are coming. Troy, find a way. Amanda, fly back here, if you have to. Break out, break free. It's your responsibility!
hi, from wisconsin now, but also a transplant from so cal, I had stumbled across your blog the other day while looking up stuff on undercover etc(ahh the sweet simple days of christian "punk"...saw this post about the mariners concert in irvine and you wanting your friends and family to email your wife to do a road trip with ya...my brother in law is good friends with John McNamara of 441 fame..i will see if i can get John to email your wife Kat to re-live your youth and do a road trip with ya...maybe that will convince her to go for it!!
keep up the funny and interesting writing about your thoughts and faith
Post a Comment
<< Home