Saturday, December 18, 2004

The cute girl who married me

Just a quick little scene from my life...

This afternoon, Katrina and I went to visit the Classical Chinese Garden in Portland. After wandering through this beautiful place for a while, we decided we needed to get some Chinese food. Wandering down SE 3rd Street, we came to House of Louie's (after an abortive attempt to find Hung Far Low's - no, I'm not making up that name) and enjoyed an exquisite meal of broccoli beef, sweet and sour pork, and Kung Pao chicken, a small bit of which I managed to drop on my old Eddie Bauer sweatshirt, leaving a small grease mark. We then tried to go see the Zoolights at the Oregon Zoo, but the entire population of Multnomah County seemed to be either A) trying to get a parking space or B)lined up, more or less single-file, in a line stretching roughly from the zoo entrance to the Beaverton city limits, so we headed on home.
Tonight, when getting ready for bed, I walked up to the sweet thing who married me, and she noticed the small spots of grease on my sweatshirt.
"I'll have to put some Shout on it before I wash it," I offered, helpfully.
She stared at me for just a moment, then leaned in, putting her face about an inch from my chest (and the grease spot), and said,

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

Blink.

Blink blink.

"What was that all about?"

(sweet smile, the same one I fell in love with so long ago): "Just trying to help.'

1 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that is very cute scott, very sweet.

and hung far low's. Man, what a city.

t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home