Thursday, November 30, 2006

Would-be world traveler



See, I used to be so smug, all pumped up about how many countries in the world I've visited. Then I found this site, and now I know I'm nothing but a world-traveling poseur. Here's my list (and, yes, I will include the United States, for cripes sake):

United States of America
Mexico
Australia
Germany
Hungary
United Kingdom
-England
-Wales
Ireland

Kinda dinky small pathetic, now that I look at it. One of my life's goals is to set foot upon every continent... three down, four to go.

Still - what a cool little bit of HTML that map is. Pretty nifty.

Going out for sushi with my brother and new neighbor Funkiller tomorrow night - Kat and Mrs. Funkiller and our respective broods will hang out whilst the two of us engorge ourselves on fine raw fish and Japanese beer. A splendid time for all, I should say.

Oh, by the way - I had the day off from school today - ice-covered roads in the Columbia River Gorge kept my district's buses off the roads. We were, to the consternation of every other school district in Clark County, the only ones to have the full day off. A couple had two hour late starts, but no one else had the day off. How did I spend it? Trying to finish the original "Half-Life" game, and having Dave B. (all you Long Beachies know who I mean) came over and set up our wireless network so we can actually connect and print now and then.

So, anyway. For anyone who wants to make their own map, follow the link below:

create your own visited country map
or check our Venice travel guide

2 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Raniey.

its Ben O.


Just wondering.

HAve you never been to canada?

because that wsnt included in this map.

=D

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger scooter said...

Actually, despite living just below Canada for over eleven years now, I still haven't been to the Great White North.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home