Thursday, April 28, 2005

Warp Factor Zero

Sure would love to learn to speak Klingon, so if I were ever called as a material witness in a court case, I could place my right hand on the Bible, and when asked to speak "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth," I could respond in high Klingon



"GhIj qeT jag'hmeyjaj!"




Which, of course, means "May your enemies run from you in fear."



Klingons freakin' rock. Especially in court.

6 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"GhIj qeT jag'hmeyjaj!" ?!?

I think you mean:

bIghIjmo' Haw'jaj jaghpu'lI'

bIghIjmo':
bIghIjmo': you because of/ scare (v)


Haw'jaj: may/ flee, get out (v)

jaghpu'lI':
jaghpu'lI': your / (pl) / enemy (n)

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger KMJ said...

And you can wear your red crew shirt. (Is that the color of the expendable crewman, or no?)

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger FunKiller said...

The guy in the red crew shirt always gets it.

And Scott, I think I will try that little Klingon trick when I go in for jury duty next week. Maybe that'll get me out of it

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger scooter said...

Oh, my, it goes even further. Check it out: http://www.parapundit.com/archives/001240.html

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger KMJ said...

The article on that link so totally doesn't surprise me.

But it does remind me of an episode where Worf and (who was his chick...the worm/parasite host? neway, her...) were talking in Klingon. In all seriousness, I looked over to Eric and said, "Shah, her accent totally sounds fake."

As if there's an AUTHENTIC klingon accent. Whatthe... It's ALL freakin' fake!!!

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grrr...

That stupid story about the "Klingon translator" story is long since retracted.

See:

http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/klingon.asp

Claim: An Oregon county health services department hired a Klingon interpreter to assist psychiatric patients who would speak no other language.

Status: False.

*AND* "It's ALL freakin' fake!!!" ?!?

No. tlhIngan Hol is a real* language - and there are good and bad accents. Visit the Klingon Language Institute: http://www.kli.org and see "the sounds of Klingon" http://www.kli.org/tlh/sounds.html and http://www.kli.org/tlh/phrases.html

*Yes, it is an invented language, but it is a real language; just like Disneyland IS a real place; just because it is "made up" doesn't mean it isn't real.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home