Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Random notes from this side of the third grade

A dinner table episode, early January, 2006:

Katrina: Nikki, tell Daddy what you get to dissect at school!

Nikki: Owl pellets, Daddy!

Katrina: Yeah, and you'll get to examine all the rodent bones in them!

Emily: I'm never going to dissect anything. That's gross.

Scott: But, sweetie, that's the fun part!

Kayla: Daddy, what are owie plets?

Scott: Um, sweetie... actually, they're owl poop.

Nikki (mortified): ...um...Daddy...that's not what we have. Not at all. No... (eyes begin widening in realization) way...

2 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger Tenax said...

You know bro, I could be wrong, but I thought they regurgitated the pellets after digesting the animals. They might be owl vomit, then. Or poop. Not sure.

t

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger scooter said...

Hmmm... come to think of it, t might just be right on this one. Ahh, whatever - I'm gonna let her think it's owl poop for another day or so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home