Monday, January 02, 2006

Hide it under a bush? Hell no!

...I'm gonna let it shine!
Hide it under a bush? Hell no!
I'm gonna let it shine!
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...


Yet another little kids church song I'll never hear the same way again, thanks to Nikki "Miss Malaprop 2006" Rainey and that increasingly suspicious Bible songs CD in the van. First, a little chocolate Jesus, and now this. What could come next? Stay tuned, as Blondie Bear slices and dices more standards of the Sunday School set...




In case anyone didn't attend Sunday School as a kid, the words should be:

Hide it under a bushel? No! I'm gonna let it shine... (Like... bushel basket... get it?)

4 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Montana Sherry C said...

Ok, Scott, I haven't laughed so hard about a blog post in a long time. These two songs, rewritten by dear Nikki, are echoing through my head, sending me into sudden fits of giggles throughout the day. I love that the Hell, No song really stays true to the original intent of the lyrics, just a little more emphatically put. And the little chocolate Jesus...oh, that is rich. Thanks for the images to accompany the posts. They only add to the hilarity.

Happy New Year. What an amazing thing to compare how you started last year, in uncertainty, hope fading into despair; with how you are starting this year, with your quiver full of arrows and laughter filling your halls.

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I love it!! The song will never be the same for ANY of us now!
Dri

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger KMJ said...

LOL!!!! Sounds like something we might have inadvertently taught the jr high group on a long bus ride to Hume or Forest Home! :) That girl is a KEEPER! (And the other two, too!!!)

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

Oh, this is the best. Hide it under a bush HELL NO - I'll never sing that song without thinking of your family. TOO GREAT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home