Monday, January 02, 2006

English 370 B (American Literature) illustration #2

I posted a while back my take on what would happen if MC Hammer were crossed with Howdy Doody, resulting in the monstrosity called "MC Doody," which I drew during Dr. Fred Masback's English 370 B class at Cal State Long Beach back in 1991 or so. Lord knows, I should have been listening more closely to the discussion about Flannery O'Connor that day, but I found myself drifting...

Today's offering is a second helping from that class. Most likely drawn later in the semester, when I was just bloody tired of the obnoxious old man and his ramblings. I present to you, blown up and contrast-adjusted to show the details better, just why the Regents of the California State University might want to consider asking me to give back my English Literature degree:

The text reads, from top to bottom:

"...purely terrifying..." - Joel Siegel, ABC

CARROL O'CONNOR

As Fred "Madman" Masback

in

THE HORROR OF 370 B

(side scroll text): Free sneak preview! LA-1 204 all semester long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home