Sunday, November 06, 2005

Got to Get You Into My Life


Saw Sir Paul from the fifth row of the Rose Garden Friday night. Seeing "Get Back" and "Please Please Me" performed live by Paul has just checked off one of those things I wanted to get done before I died. Three hours solid, darned near every "Paul" Beatles song, plus a lot of Wings standards ("Live and Let Die" was a pyrotechnic amazement - flames shooting thirty feet into the air, explosions, all sorts of great rock n' roll stuff), and some very good stuff from his new album combined together to make a really great show. He did a quick tribute to "loved ones no longer with us - John, George and Linda" in the middle of talking to the audience about the writing of "I'll Follow the Sun." You would never believe the man is, what, 62 years old? I guess that vegetarian lifestyle certainly has some pluses.

The best moment in the show for me was when he looked me STRAIGHT IN THE EYE and responded to my thumbs-up gesture with a nod and a return of the same gesture. Sure, you might say there were 400 people in my section who believed he was looking at them, but I know better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home