Tuesday, October 18, 2005

You know Gen X has finally grown up when...


...there's a kid at the school you teach at named Siouxsie.

As in Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Siouxsie. And. The. Banshees.

Siouxsie Sioux.

70's and 80's punk rock goddess.

Think about that for a second.


An 11-year-old in a small town in southwest Washington named not Morgan, not Jordan, not Kaitlyn, but Siouxsie.



Ah, well - at least they didn't name her Madonna.

4 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Blogger KMJ said...

lol! And her little sister exene?

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

saw them in concert...

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

Cool.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Tenax said...

Scott,

I have missed your blog.

Yes, Gen X has grown up. I think I barely qualify, and I'm sure as heck grown up. How old is Johnny Rotten now? 50?

Oh, I can't call him Rotten because it's the mental property of Malcolm McClaren. Oh wait, Malcom has lost his mind; okay.

Be well man.

Troy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home