Dispatch from Moab, Utah
Well, we decided to stay the night in beautiful Moab rather than head across the Colorado border into Grand Junction. Moab is absolutely stunning - it's nearly sunset, and the cliffs and rock formations are this impossible shade of red right now. We're getting up for the sunrise tomorrow morning, too, so I should be posting some photos from that.
While driving in, I queued up the theme from "The Magnificent Seven" on my mp3 player and set it on repeat. My horse may be called "Honda" and hail from Japan, but, in those moments as we oohed and aahed as each ever more spectacular vista unfolded before us, we were astride stallions thundering across the plains.
Air-conditioned thundering, but thundering nonetheless.
Tomorrow, we'll be in Montrose, Colorado...


2 Comments:
LOVE that theme from the Magnificent Seven. (Incidentally, that is my dad's cell phone ring tone.) Great posts from the road. I'm keeping eyes peeled for more news and photos. :)
You have no idea how much I miss places like Moab, Utah -- and all the other places you're passing through on your trip.... ;-(
Post a Comment
<< Home