Network Retreat, Big Bear Tennis Ranch, 1988
...where I first met Karen and Lori-Ann. I started a tradition that year of wasting masking tape by writing the retreat venue and the year on the expansive back window of my 1986 Hyundai Excel. I'm not really sure what I was thinking, nor what my fellow collegians were thinking, when I did this.
Like many things, it was cool to *me,* which is all that mattered.
And now, it makes it really easy to place when and where the photo was taken!
...and y'know, I never really thought very much about the fact that the first four characters of my license plate, "1SOK," *could* read phonetically "I SUCK..."


3 Comments:
This photo reminded me of time that I got this here vehicle stolen at CSULB. Remember? I will never forget the jubilation you expressed when I told you it got jacked, or the sadness you showed when they found it. Thanks for the memory.
Couldn't the plate read I'z o.k.!!
Katrina
Scott,
I'm nearly sure I was at this retreat also; in fact, I seem to remember driving your car down the mountain and thinking, gee, I really don't know this guy that well and he let me use his car. How cool. I was taking someone someplace (see how age affects the memory).
Of course I got to know you well later. But I have to say big bear was a cool place to party. Was this the year I played pictionary (I remember Kari Kolstad being there) and go so intense I was howling? Don't know. But hey, dude, thanks for bringing back the memories.
t
Post a Comment
<< Home