Friday, July 09, 2004

MSN Encarta - Quiz - U.S. Citizenship Test: Could You Pass?

MSN Encarta - Quiz - U.S. Citizenship Test: Could You Pass?

Okay, everyone has to post their results...it's not too hard, but there are a couple curve balls thrown in there...

I'll give my results after I hear from a few of you...

10 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger Montana Sherry C said...

Ten of eleven. Missed the number of amendments--how embarrassing for a former social studies teacher.

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same as Sherry...missed the number of amendments. 10/11

Brother Baddybatten

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger ironsulfide said...

9 out of 11

I missed the # of amendments and who would be president if the P and VP lost the big election in the sky. That's still an 82%! Woowhoo *Homer J style*!!!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger FunKiller said...

I hate to brag, but I got 11 out of 11.

I cry foul though on #7. That is a trick question. Statehood was approved in Alaska in 1858, but it was not formally admitted to the Union until 1959, the same year as Hawaii. I'm such a nerd.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

I suck!!!

U.S. Citizenship Test: Could You Pass?

Pretty Good

  You got 6/11 correct.

I have to admit I was teaching a class at the time... And now I think I should get back to them...

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger KMJ said...

Whoo-hoo!!! I got 10/11 -- or actually "Karic" (the husband/wife mutation sharing one trivia brain) got 10/11. I missed the amendment dealie.

However, I have to say that Schoolhouse Rock 'done me right' on the Constitution question. :)

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got 9/11 - missed the number of amendment question, and the WWII allies - I knew Italy wasn't one, so I don't know why I missed it. -- Amanda

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger scooter said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger scooter said...

(Sorry for the pulled comment - I ended up quoting the Preamble wrong. Sheesh - would Mr. Hauenstein in AP US at Los Al be mad!)


I pulled an 11/11, but, then again, I teach US History. And I echo Karen in saying that more than one answer came from Schoolhouse Rock. All together now: "We the people, in order to form a more perfect union, (bomp-bomp) establish justice, insure domestic tranquility (boom-da-boom-boom-boom) pro-havide for the common defense (bong!) promote the general welfare a-hand, secure the blessings of-a liberty, to ourselves and our posterity (everybody up an octave) do ordain and establish this Constitution (long pause) for the United States uh-huh-huv America."

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger KMJ said...

(MOST) EVERYTHING I KNOW ABOUT HISTORY, I LEARNED FROM SCHOOLHOUSE ROCKThe PreambleIn 1787 I'm told
Our founding fathers did agree
To write a list of principles
For keepin' people free.
No More KingsThe pilgrims sailed the sea
to find a place to call their own.
In their ship Mayflower,
They hoped to find a better home.
They finally knocked on Plymouth Rock
And someone said, "We're there!
It may not look like home,
But at this point I don't care."
Three-Ring GovernmentGuess I got the idea right here at school
Felt like a fool when they called my name
Talking about the government and how it's arranged
divided in three like a circus
Ring one--Executive
Two is legislative, that's Congress
Ring three--Judiciary
See it's kind of like my circus

 

Post a Comment

<< Home