Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Back atcha, Tim!

Note: this post is directed at my old friend (and fellow Los Al Griffin), the Reverend Timothy Gano Smith, because *his* @*&$(@ blogsite wouldn't let me leave a comment over 1,000 characters unless I had an "upgraded" account, whatever that is. You can see the post this is a reply to here.

Tim,
I gotta tell ya, it's pretty darned cool to see one's name (and website, to boot) in lights on an old friend's page! (Well, maybe not in lights, but at least as a hyperlink!)
Thanks for the props on my website. Apart from the Knowledge Bowl page, it's pretty lame at the moment (although I have big plans for next school year - be sure to check back).
FYI - Knowledge Bowl is a competition team I coach. Kind of like team Jeopardy. For the past few years, I've been burning CD's for my team to listen to, in the hopes that some of the stuff will rub off on them. The best, and I mean best, part is that there are about a dozen kids between the 8th and 10th grade right now who will, at the request, "Hey, guys, just *why* does the sun shine, anyway?" sing at the top of their lungs, "THE SUN IS A MASS OF INCANDESCENT GAS, A GIGANTIC NUCLEAR FURRRR-NACE..."
For the record, I am deeply honored to be included among the ranks of "odd" teachers...we're the ones they remember twenty years later! :o)

1 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger OutOfTheSilent said...

i'm sorry I didn't leave a little howdy... of course I read this... I do READ your site daily... now weather or not there is a DAILY posting is another thing... altough I do have to say you write a lot... I am enjoying it all my friend...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home