Saturday, March 05, 2005

Announcing...

...at 4:21 AM
on March 5, 2005

the arrival of Zoe Kathleen Terrell

the very healthy daughter

of Anita and David (Diamond) Terrell

Photos coming soon

One of my very best friends, ever since the first day of sixth grade, September something-or-other, 1980. Dave and I sat next to each other in Mr. Reichardt's class, and the last thing Mr. R. said before the bell at the end of the day was, "and I'm definitely splitting you two up!"

25 years later, and it still hasn't happened.

A committed atheist, our differing views on the meaning of life has done nothing to diminish the love, respect and support for each other we've shared all these years. To know he's now a father brings tears of joy to my eyes.

To quote him from his call a few minutes ago, "the whole f***ing world has changed, man - the sky is bluer, things are brighter, everything needs to be protected. I know it's a funny thing to say as an atheist, but I feel reborn."

Amen, Dave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home