Monday, November 15, 2004

Sky of Blue, and Eye of Pink

I'm home sick today, with that dastardliest of sicknesses, pinkeye.

I woke up yesterday morning with my right eye glued shut. To be safe, I didn't insert my right contact, and tried to remain in denial until we were at church, and Katrina noticed my crimson eyeball.

Luckily for me, the Kaiser Urgency Care clinic opens at 10 AM on Sundays, and is just around the corner from the church.

Owing to its contagious quality, I had to take today off from work. I got up early, as is my habit, dinked around for a while, then went back to bed, only to be awoken about fifteen minutes ago by the phone ringing.

It was my students, Whitney, Courtney and Kaitlyn, calling to make sure I was okay.

When they found out I had pinkeye, I was told in no uncertain terms (by Whitney) that I MUST have gotten it from Kaitlyn, who was out sick with the same ailment last week, to cries of protest from Kaitlyn.

As they were hanging up, one of them grabbed the phone (maybe Courntey?) and whispered, "come back tomorrow! This sub is mean!"



Apparently, not so mean as not to allow them to use the phone, though.

3 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally, a tiny bit of time to begin perusing the neglected blogs of my friends... I just caught up the last few months of yours. Geesh, we need to get together more often, you think..? so sorry you're sick.

JimD

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger ironsulfide said...

scooter - i totally laughed when i read the word "dinked". you are one of the best dinkers i've ever met. i can remember you doing this a lot back at the club j apts. good times, bro. here's to late nights at in-n-out, hyundai-moshing to fresberg and fiery cockroaches!

sorry about the pinkness, man. get well soon.

 
At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rainey this is alexis and that was me that said that the sub was mean and yeah why dont you ever write about me on here? and cara says you still need to write about her haha(hi rainey)and yeah she will see you tuesday! hey im so disappointed in you b/c you havent written about the cara and the famous lexi the two favorites!! anyways im kidding love ya always

Lexi(and Cara)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home