Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Regardless of where one may stand on the issue, this is just plain sick, no matter how you look at it.

Planned Parenthood is now selling t-shirts that declare "I Had an Abortion" that are supposed to support a woman's right to choose.  Or something or other.

Perhaps we can make up t-shirts to give to aging concentration camp guards that say "I Gassed Jews to Death at Treblinka."

Sick.

I'm so glad the shirts are, according to the ad copy, "soft and comfortable fitted tees" that "assert a powerful message in support of women's rights."

 

As long as you're not an unborn woman, I suppose.


Read the article by Dr. Mike Adams at the University of North Carolina.

1 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Tenax said...

you know bro, I have to say (and I haven't thought about abortion much) is that I've met plenty of women who have had abortions, been close to some. And every one of them said it's something you never get over; most were teenagers when they had them. And yeah, the Planned Parenthood was right down the street from Lakewood high. One friend of my high school girlfriend's had three, if I remember right. At least two.

I have talked to students who feel positive about their choice. Most women have very mixed feelings about what they chose. It's the kind of thing it's tough to get over. What's really bizarre to me is that when I was a teenager a girl could get an abortion, while underage (was it 14, 16?) without anyone else knowing about it. A woman's right to choose and a 15 year old gir's right to choose somehow seem different things. But maybe this law has changed.

The way abortion has become a form of birth control: this does seem sad. I really don't know when life begins, or spiritual life, or whatever. As a guy, who thankfully has never had to consider this option, I just haven't sorted it out. The number of girls who have them because they are in terror of their parents and of being judged by their churches...now that is something to consider.

t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home