Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Dennis Prager: Presbyterian church defames Christianity

Dennis Prager: Presbyterian church defames Christianity

3 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger FunKiller said...

While the presbyterian church is not a model in many respects, I feel that they may be on to something regarding Israel's American financing.

Sadly, my respect for Mr. Prager has now been diminished by his view on this particular issue.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Tenax said...

I have to ditto Mike on this one.

What's happening in the middle east is another tragic cycle of violence; they're all over the world. We kill one of you, you come kill one of us, we have to retaliate, etc.

I don'w know much about all this (but that's never stopped me before; all teachers know what I mean) but I do know that when Israel was given to the Jews by various imperial groups the rights of the people who were living there were not maintained. And Israel did things they shouldn't have done to clear the Palestinians out; one could argue they used 'terrorist tactics.'

I agree that any group which deliberatly uses violence againt civilians, be it Palestinians or the IRA, is wrong. But then Israel or even this country kills civilians as collateral damage too often these days as we go after other targets. Certainly if I had a bomb going off in a Sacramento mall every week I'd be hella pissed and want a strong response. But Israel has gone too far; and the Palestinians are wrong to use death to make their point. Both sides have killed unjustly. And both sides need to sit down and admit this and sort this out. And they won't.

It is possible the strand of violence runs, how should I say it, more consistently, among the Palestinians, and that is a tragedy. But Israel has a country, is secure in their borders. I surely don't seem them as innocent, or even reasonable, regarding the plight of the Palestinians. My two cents.

t

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Tenax said...

And one more thing: Paul says a Jew is a Jew who is one inwardly. And I believe his argument. Do I think the Jews still are God's chosen people? Nope. How could it be? Where in the Bible did racial affiliation make one right with God? In the next life, Jesus will judge persons, not nations or races. And it won't be on their DNA.

Evangelicals, what with all the premillenial stuff in America especially, think they are doing God a favor by supporting Israel. Are we? Really? Tough question.

t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home